WAHM: National Procrastination Day
Today is National Procrastination Day. I've been meaning to tell you that.
From what I remember, there are productivity advantages to working in an office cubicle. Not much to look at except the work to be done. Not much to hear except your boss asking when the work will be done. Once the desk calendar has been doodled over and the phone cord uncurled, there's not much else to do except... the work to be done.
But working from home...
I should be able to knock this re-write off today with no problem. Maybe I'll just mix this cookie dough real quick and let it chill while I check my email.
Hi Sally, I need to have a sales training program written by mid-June. Are you available?
Dear Sally, I think my life would make a great story. After our divorce my husband stole a car and robbed a lingerie store. We reunited while he was in prison and he was able to break out in time for the twins' first birthday party. When my mother caught him cheating on her with her best friend she put rat poison in his coffee, but luckily he just had whiskey that morning. This is only the beginning. Please contact me if you're interested in writing this book for me.
Hey Sal, Mom and Dad are planning a trip to NY. Did you finish off your basement yet? Call me!
Hmmm. You know, I could toss a pan or two of cookies in the oven and let them bake while I get started on this re-write.
Actually, these bake so fast I might as well stay close. I'll re-pack the diaper bag, take the first pan out, put the second one in, and then start my work.
Diapers, diapers. Where's that new box of diapers? Oh yeah, it's in the garage. Well, we're going to need the cooler for this weekend, so let me just bring that back in with me. I'll clean it later.
OK. Diaper bag packed. Ready to work.
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. That was fast! Hot pan out. New pan in. Wash the sticky dough bowl... OK. Time to type!
Andragogy is best defined as the study of--- That cooler is nagging at my peripheral vision. Better turn my chair around. Actually, it's so hot down here with the oven on. Why don't I just clean the cooler now and move back to my office when the cookies are done?
Etc.
What do you do instead of your work when you're supposed to be working?
Sally Bacchetta - Freelance Writer
Freelance Writer
Parenting
Motherhood

No comments:
Post a Comment