Thursday, April 12, 2007

God is LOL

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

How's this for irony? My post about How Becoming a Mother Changed My Business Plan is delayed because my toddler daughter somersaulted out of her crib 4 hours before my flight out of town for an overnight business trip.

She's fine and all is well, but it's a perfect illustration of a WAHM's prime directive. BE FLEXIBLE.

I had planned to spend the morning playing tea set and Play Dough, then post a blog article and pack at my leisure while she napped. Instead, I spent the morning running the roads (pick Daddy up from work for the pediatrician visit, go to the pediatrician, take Daddy back to work, go to Target for infant Tylenol, go to the grocery store for a bear-shaped ice pack, go back home, go back to Target for diapers, go back home)and feverishly jammed a suit, a tooth brush, and some saltines in a bag while she "planted" Cheerios throughout my bedroom.

I'm posting this now from a hotel lobby several states from home. I'll be in touch tomorrow from my wonderfully turbulent home office space.

Make a great day!




No comments: