Monday, April 16, 2007

WAHM: How Will You Begin Today?

I begin today with thanks for all that lies ahead.

I see that framed declaration every morning while I'm at the kitchen sink, and most mornings I think, "Yeah! Thank you for this day and for every unanticipated moment. Bring it on!"

Other times I think, "I don't feel thankful for what I know lies ahead today, and I'm afraid to think what's out there that I don't know about!"

Some days I spend more time at the kitchen sink than I'd like. "It's just the two of us here during the day. Where do all these dishes come from?", I ask my toddler daughter.

"Mama's so cute", she says, wrapping herself around my legs and pulling me down for a hug.

She hasn't yet learned to read but she's already learned to be thankful for all that lies ahead.

How will you begin today?




No comments: